Vegetable Fritters with Tzatziki
A fun one for sharing. One for the veggies.
Make sure you mix it up with different spices in different fritters.
Make your own tzatziki – it is the perfect, refreshing dip to go with your fritters.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 55 Minutes
Lemon - £0.35
Cucumber - £0.42
Greek Yoghurt - £1.00
Eggs x 10 - £1.00
Coriander - £0.70
Carrots x 5 - £0.30
Corn on the Cob x 4 - £2.00
Spring Onions - £0.98
Courgettes x 5 - £1.89
Self-Raising Flour - £0.80
Total Cost - £9.44 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Grate your courgettes. Put into the first big bowl. Grate your carrots. Put into the second big bowl. Slice the corn off the cobs. Put into the third big bowl.
2. Chop the coriander stalks and spring onion. Grate the zest off the lemon.
3. To the corn, add coriander stalks and pepper. Too the courgettes, add pepper, lemon zest and spring onions. Too the carrots, add coriander and spring onions.
4. Beat your eggs.
5. Split the beaten eggs equally amongst your three big bowls.
6. Then, add four level tablespoons of flour to each big bowl.
7. Mix everything together in each bowl.
8. Heat a frying pan with a good glug of olive oil.
9. Once it is very hot, drop little dollops of your vegetable mixtures into the oil, and flatten them into fritters. Do this with all your veg.
10. Once the fritters are cooked, make your tzatziki. Add to yoghurt to a bowl with a grated cucumber, and the juice of one lemon.
11. Scatter the leftover coriander leaves over the fritters and serve with the tzatziki.
Shops where this is available for under £10: