The Ultimate Homemade Gazpacho
Sack off the carton stuff. This recipe is the business. And so, so refreshing.
Get some nice tomatoes.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 10 Minutes
Bread Roll - £0.30
Sherry Vinegar - £1.40
Garlic - £0.30
Spring Onions - £0.49
1 Red Pepper - £0.50
1 Green Pepper - £0.50
1 Cucumber - £0.50
14 Plum Tomatoes - £1.85
Total Cost - £5.84 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
1. Prep. Time. Peel, de-seed and slice 1 cucumber. De-seed 1 red and 1 green pepper, and chop into chunks. Chop 1 and a half garlic cloves into slices. Slice up 3 spring onions. Tear up a stale bread roll.
2. Throw all this ingredients into a large bowl. Add 3 and a half tablespoons of sherry vinegar, 5 tablespoons of olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Get your hands stuck in and crush everything into a pulp. Once it is broken down, get the blender involved.
4. Blend until smooth, and then ladle the gazpacho into a pouring jug.
5. Serve with lots of ice, and a drizzle of good olive oil on top at the end, and a bit of pepper. Enjoy.