Teriyaki & Ginger Beef Burgers
A brilliant Asian twist on your burger.
Lots and lots of ginger is key here.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 20 Minutes
500g Beef Mince - £2.50
Sesame Oil - £1.60
Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
4 Brioche Buns - £0.90
Spring Onions - £0.49
White Cabbage - £0.79
Very Large Knob of Ginger - £0.27
Teriyaki Sauce - £2.39
Total Cost - £9.64 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Put mince into bowl. Add a very heaped tablespoon of teriyaki sauce. Grate in a very big knob of ginger. Finely chop 3 spring onions and chuck them in. Mix everything together.
2. Divide beef mix into 4 big patties. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes while you prepare the slaw and burger marinade.
3. Marinade time. This will be the sauce to rub on your burgers as they cook – the key to making them sticky. Add two tablespoons of teriyaki sauce into a bowl. Grate in a big knob of ginger. Pour in a small glass of water to loosen, and mix everything together. Set aside for when you cook the burgers.
4. Slaw time. Finely slice your cabbage. Place in a bowl. Add a teaspoon of sesame oil, the juice of a lime, and a large handful of chopped coriander. Add salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss together.
5. Burger time. Place burgers on a griddle pan (frying pan will do if you don’t have one). Rub the topside with the marinade. In total, the burgers will need about 3-4 minutes each side, depending on how thick you make them. The key to the stickiness is to keep flipping them, and keep applying more of that marinade. You should flip around 6-8 times.
6. To serve, toast you brioche buns. Run leftover marinate on the bottom half of the bun. Add your patty, then a big wodge of the slaw, and squeeze the top half of the bun on top. Enjoy.