Super Quick Nasi Goreng
So quick and easy. The perfect Indonesian midweek supper!
Make sure to add the pak choi leaves right at the end, after the stalks, so they don’t get soggy!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 20 Minutes
2 Carrots - £0.12
1 Brown Onion - £0.16
Garlic - £0.30
Knob of Ginger - £0.27
8 Eggs - £1.50
Red Chillies - £0.60
Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
440g Basmati Rice - £0.89
190g Nasi Goreng Paste - £1.75
250g Pak Choi - £1.40
Spring Onions - £0.49
Total Cost - £8.18 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
1. Cook your rice. Rinse it, and then boil it in 2 times the amount of water.
2. Prep your Nasi Goreng ingredients. Grate 2 carrots and the ginger. Finely slice one red chilli, 3 cloves of garlic, the coriander stalks and the onion. Slice up your pak choi, keeping the white stalks and the leaves separate.
3. In a large pan, pour in some vegetable oil. Start by frying the onions and garlic until softened. Then add the grated ginger and the sliced red chilli. Allow to soften, and then add the coriander stalks and the grated carrot. Mix everything together, cook for a further minute or so, and then add the cooked rice.
4. Mix together, and then add the Nasi Goreng Paste. Mix it all in.
5. Then, add the pak choi stalks. Allow to cook for 3 minutes, and then add pak choi laves.
6. Mix everything together, cook for a further minute and remove from the heat.
7. Serve the rice steaming hot, and place to fried eggs on top. Cut into those runny yolks and enjoy!