Sticky Miso Chicken & Miso Rice
Misoey, sticky chicken. Perfectly complemented with the ginger and coriander. It’s a winner of a dish.
Save a tablespoon of miso paste for the rice.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 45 Minutes
500g Long Grain Rice - £0.99
Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
320g of Chicken Breast - £3.00
Honey - £0.99
Toasted Sesame Oil - £1.60
Ginger - £0.54
Itsu Miso Soup - £2.00
Total Cost – £9.82 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F
2. Place chicken into a large bowl.
3. Now make your marinade. Into a small bowl, add tablespoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of miso paste. Add a small glass of water and mix everything together until you have a smooth mixture.
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken, and leave it for 15 minutes.
5. Pour the chicken, with the juices, into a baking tray, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is moist on the inside, but cooked through (can vary on the size of the chicken pieces).
6. Now for the rice. Place 1 part rice (100g per person) into a pan. Add 2 parts boiling water, and 1 tablespoon of miso paste. Mix it altogether so the miso is absorbed by the water. Turn to a medium heat, and let it bubble away until the water has evaporated (10-12 minutes). At this point, this rice should be cooked.
7. Place rice into a serving dish. Mix a handful of finely chopped coriander stalks into the rice. Place chicken pieces on top, and scatter over your remaining coriander leaves.
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: