Sticky Chicken Thighs with Zingy Couscous
Sticky, mustardy chicken thighs on a bed of zingy couscous. It is the perfect mouthwatering combo.
Basting – it is key key key in this dish. Make sure those skins get a good coating of the juices at least twice.
Cooking time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour
Parsley - £0.70
Garlic - £0.30
Lemons x 3 - £1.05
Chicken thighs x 8 – 3.00
Pitted green olives - £0.75
Couscous - £0.70
Wholegrain Mustard - £0.55
Clear honey - £1.79
Total Cost: £8.84 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
2. Place chicken thighs in roasting tray, skin side up.
3. Finely chop garlic. Add to the chicken along with the mustard, and honey and 2 of the lemons. Put two lemon halves face down in roasting tray.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and cook in the hot oven for 55 minutes, basting them twice so that the thighs become lovely and sticky.
5. Meanwhile, cook the couscous and toss together with the olives and parsley. When the chicken is ready, serve it on the couscous.
Shops where this is available for under £10: