Steamed Salmon and Crushed Peas
No carbs in this one, but a huge amount of healthy, green crushed minty peas.
Make sure you add a cup of water to the salmon tray before putting it in the oven so it steams nicely and goes all flakey.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 15 Minutes
4 Salmon Fillets - £7.00
1KG Frozen Petit Pois - £1.50
1 Lemon - £0.30
1 Bunch of Mint - £0.70
Total Cost – £9.50 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F
2. Cut your lemon in half. Take one half, and slice it into thin slices, and lay them in a line on a baking tray
3. Put your salmon on top of the lemon slices. Pour a glass of water into the tray, and salt and pepper the salmon. Cover tightly in tin foil, and put in the oven for 12 minutes.
4. While the salmon is in the oven, put your frozen peas in boiling water. Once they are cooked, drain them, and add a handful of chopped mint, the zest of your remaining half lemon, and the lemon juice. Then add salt, pepper and olive oil, and mash it all together. You don’t want it too fine, though, so don’t go at it too hard.
5. After 12 minutes, take your salmon out the oven. Serve it on top of the peas with some more mint and a drizzle of olive oil. A perfect light supper.
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: