Squid & Chorizo Summer Salad
The ultimate surf n’ turf.
Make sure the chorizo is nice and crispy before adding the squid.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 25 Minutes
400g Butter Beans - £0.50
400g Chickpeas - £0.50
1 Lemon - £0.35
Bunch of Parsley - £0.60
Garlic - £0.30
225g Ring of Chorizo - £2.50
190g Mini Peppers - £1.25
410g Squid - £4.00
Total Cost - £10.00 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
2. Place your mini peppers in a baking tray. Cover with salt, pepper and olive oil and then place in the oven for 25 minutes or until charred and soft.
3. Chop your chorizo into bitsize pieces. Place in a large frying pan on a medium heat, so the fat renders out.
4. While the chorizo is crisping up, prepare your squid. Lay it on a tray, and slice it up so you are left with lots of squid rings. Keep the tentacles whole.
5. When the chorizo starts getting crispy, throw in two cloves of chopped garlic.
6. After 1 minute, add your squid. This will take about 5-6 minutes to cook. Add a good sprinkle of pepper to the pan, and then remove your surf n’ turf from the heat.
7. Time to assemble the salad. Into a big serving dish, add your squid and chorizo. Then add your peppers, chickpeas, butter beans and a big handful of chopped fresh parsley. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon, drizzle over some olive oil and serve! Enjoy!