Spinach, Ricotta & Bacon Frittata
Perfect for a hangover or brunch with your crew.
Putting your frittata in the oven – this is how you can cook it the whole way through without burning the bottom.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 35 Minutes
1 Loaf of Sourdough - £1.50
1 Pint of Whole Milk - £0.45
300 Grams of Smoked Bacon - £1.35
Ricotta - £2.40
1 Bag of Spinach - £1.50
10 Eggs - £1.50
Total Cost - £8.70 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC/320ºF.
2. Whisk eggs and add a big splash of whole milk. Add salt and pepper.
3. Chop bacon into small chunks and fry in a deep-set pan. Once it is crispy, add the spinach, and allow it to wilt (this should only take a minute or so).
4. When bacon is crispy, and spinach wilted, add the eggs. Turn down the heat. Drop in ¾ of the ricotta, in dollop sized pieces.
5. After around 8 minutes, or until the sides are cooked, take pan off the heat and put into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
6. Toast your sourdough slices.
7. Take frittata out of oven.
8. Add leftover ricotta to serve.
Shops where this is available for under £10: