Smoky Pork Tacos
Smoky pork. Crunchy tacos. Zingy salsa. Please, tell us what more you could what.
Reduce the pork and tomato down until it is very thick and rich
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
500g Pork Mince - £1.89
1 Large Avocado - £1.00
4 Tomatoes - £0.62
Garlic - £0.30
2 Brown Onions - £0.32
1 Red Pepper - £0.50
1 Lime - £0.30
Smoked Paprika - £0.85
1 Tin Cirio Chopped Tomatoes - £0.50
Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
Taco Shells - £1.54
Total Cost - £8.52 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
1. Finely chop two cloves of garlic, an onion and a pepper. Fry in a large pan with some olive oil until soft, and then add your pork mince. Brown off the mince, and then add two teaspoons of smoked paprika and the zest of a lime.
2. Mix together, and then add a tin of Cirio chopped tomatoes. Fill the tin with water, and then add that. Salt and pepper the pork, and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
3. Salsa time. Finely chop 4 tomatoes and place into a bowl with 1 avocado. Add a handful of chopped coriander, salt, pepper, olive oil, and the juice of 1 lime. Mash everything together with a fork and place in fridge.
4. Add a handful of chopped coriander to your smoky pork mince, mix everything together and remove from heat.
5. Take a taco shell. Spoon in your pork mince, and then add a good dollop of the salsa. Serve with the leftover salsa in a bowl for people to dip their tacos in. Enjoy!