For the meat lovers. Crunchy, sticky crackling, with an Asian twist.
Just whack it in the oven and forget about it for three hours. The slow cooking does all the work. You do nothing. So easy.
Make sure you salt the skin of the pork belly – it makes the crackling extra crackly.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 3 hours 30 minutes
1 Knob of Ginger - £0.41
1 Lime - £0.35
525 Grams of Pork Belly - £5.78
375 Grams of Egg Noodles - £1.39
Soy Sauce - £1.19
1 Jar of Chinese 5 Spice - £0.85
Total Cost: £9.97 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F, Gas Mark 3.
2. Slice belly into long strips.
3. Grate half the ginger and then rub pork belly with ginger, oil and five spice and soy sauce. Place fat side up and cover in salt.
4. Put the roasting tin in the oven and cook for 2½–3 hours.
5. Place noodles in boiling water. Follow the directions on the pack. Drain and rinse noodles. Put them in a serving bowl, and add remaining grated ginger and lime-juice and soy sauce.
6. Cut pork belly into chunks, and place on noodles. Cover with a dusting of 5 spice and remaining lime.
Shops where this is available for under £10: