Moroccan Style Chicken & Chickpea Traybake
Packed full of nutrients. Spiced with cumin and paprika for a delicious Moroccan vibe.
The coriander at the end gives it such a nice fresh hit.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 55 Minutes
Carrots - £0.45
Cherry Tomatoes - £1.00
400 Grams Chickpeas - £1.00
1 Bunch Coriander - £0.70
Chicken Thighs - £3.00
Cumin - £0.85
Smoked Paprika - £0.85
Garlic - £0.30
Total Cost – £7.85 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F
2. Place chicken thighs, cherry tomatoes, halved carrots and your chickpeas (with the chickpea water from the tin) into a baking tray.
3. Add a whole bulb of uncut garlic cloves, two teaspoons of cumin, two teaspoons of smoked paprika, and the stalks from your coriander (finely chopped).
4. Add a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, mix together, and then whack it in the oven for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, take out the tray, give everything a mix, coating it all in the juices, and then put back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
6. Serve with coriander leaves on top.
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: