Linguine Carbonara Frittata
4 Eggs - £1.00
200g Parmesan - £2.70
500g Linguine - £0.56
300g Smoked Streaky Bacon - £2.00
2 Cloves of Garlic - £0.30
Bertolli Butter with Olive Oil - £1.50
Total Cost: £8.06
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
2. Take a bowl, and grate in your parmesan. Then add 5 eggs, and a very, very generous amount of black pepper, 4 or 5 pinches of it.
3. Whisk everything together and set aside.
4. Chop your bacon into bite size pieces, and add to a frying pan.
5. As they begin to start browning, add your linguine to a pan of salted boiling water
6. Once the bacon is crisp, add 2 cloves of sliced garlic.
7. Allow these to soften – if the garlic or bacon looks like it is catching on the pan, add small spoons of the starchy pasta water.
8. When the pasta is cooked, remove it from the heat.
9. In a large bowl, add your pasta, the egg and cheese mixture and the bacon and garlic. Mix everything together.
10. Frittata time. Into a wide saucepan add a large knob of Bertolli Butter with Olive Oil. Once it has melted, pour in your frittata mixture. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, or until crispy on the bottom.
11. At this point, place the pan in the oven for another 6 minutes, until the frittata is firm. Remove from the oven, slide it out of the pan, slice up and enjoy!