Kale, Goat's Cheese & Spinach Frittata
The healthiest frittata out there.
Add some chilli flakes for a little spice hit.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
Sourdough Loaf - £1.50
Garlic - £0.30
Chilli Flakes - £0.85
Bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley - £0.70
Goat’s Cheese - £1.50
10 Eggs - £1.50
200 Grams of Spinach - £1.00
200 Grams of Curly Kale - £1.00
Total Cost – £8.35 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C/320°F
2. Crack 10 eggs into a bowl. Add a splash of whole milk, salt and pepper. Whisk lightly together. Don’t beat it too hard.
3. Chop two cloves of garlic. Fry them in a large saucepan with a teaspoon or two or chilli flakes. After a minute, add your kale. Add a splash of water if it start catching on the pan.
4. Once it has wilted a bit (3 minutes or so), add your spinach. Again, add a little splash of water to keep it all moist. Once the spinach has wilted, add your eggs.
5. Fry on a low heat for 6 minutes. Then, dollop the goat’s cheese on top, add a sprinkle of chilli flakes, and place the frittata into the oven for 12 minutes.
6. While it is cooking, toast some sourdough.
7. Serve with some parsley leaves scattered on top. This will give it a lovely freshness!
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: