Homemade Lamb Burgers
Changing the way you look at homemade burgers forever.
Pomegranate seeds work a dream in the topping. An absolute dream.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 45 Minutes
Plain Yoghurt - £1.00
200g of Feta - £1.20
Garlic - £0.30
1 Onion - £0.16
Cumin - £0.85
Mint - £0.70
Pomegranate - £1.25
Parsley - £0.70
Lemon - £0.30
Lamb Mince - £3.00
Ciabatta Rolls - £0.54
Total Cost – £10.00 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Finely chop one onion and two cloves of garlic.
2. Gently fry them until soft, and then add two heaped teaspoons of cumin.
3. Then, remove from the heat and tip into a bowl. Add 500g of Lamb mince and a large handful of chopped parsley. Mix together and then make 8 thin patties.
4. Place on a plate and put into the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
5. Now for the feta topping. Add a block of feta, four heaped tablespoons of yoghurt, a handful of chopped mint, the juice of half a lemon and a small cup of pomegranate seeds to a bowl. Mix them all together. Done.
6. Take out your patties. Place on a very hot griddle pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. At the same time, toast your ciabatta rolls.
7. To serve, Place a dollop of the feta topping on the base of the roll. Then add a patty. Then more topping, then another patty, then any leftover mint leaves and pomegranate seeds you have, and then the top of the roll. Enjoy!
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: