Homemade Chicken Fajitas with Homemade Guacamole
All homemade. So fresh. So much better than buying the pack.
Get some multiseed wraps for a bit of extra texture.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 40 Minutes
Ground Cumin - £0.85
Smoked Paprika - £0.85
Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
1 Lime - £0.30
4 Peppers - £1.66
8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs - £2.50
1 Red Onion - £0.17
2 Large Avocados - £2.00
8 Multiseed Tortilla Wraps - £0.90
Total Cost – £9.93 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Cut your chicken thighs into strips and place in bowl. Add two teaspoons of both cumin and smoked paprika. Grate in the zest of half a lime. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, some salt and some pepper, and mix everything together. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for 25 minutes.
2. Guacamole time. Scoop flesh out of 2 large avocados. Squeeze in the juice of a lime, and a large handful of chopped coriander. Add a splash of olive oil, some salt and some pepper, and mash everything together. Cover with cling film and leave in fridge until everything else is ready.
3. Peppers time. Cut pepper and red onion into strips. Add them into a frying pan with a splash of oil and a teaspoon of smoked paprika. Fry until soft, adding a splash of water 2 minutes before the end. When the water has almost completely evaporate, leaving a thick juice, remove the peppers and onion from the pan and put in a bowl.
4. Chicken time. Add your chicken into the pan. Fry until cooked through, and then remove from heat.
5. Assembly time. Take a wrap. Spoon in some guacamole, some of the peppers and some chicken. Add a squeeze of lime and some coriander leaves, roll up and tuck in!
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: