Halloumi Kebabs with Pitas and Hummus
Salty Halloumi, sweet roast vegetables, warm pittas. Perfect for a big sharing platter to put in the middle of a big dinner party table.
There is a lot of Halloumi in the £10 allowance, so you can be generous!
Lemon - £0.35
Mint - £0.70
Cherry Tomatoes - £0.90
Hummus - £1.00
Red Onion x 1 - £0.16
Courgettes x 2 - £0.76
Peppers (1 x Orange, 1 x Yellow, 1 x Red) - £1.50
Halloumi x 500g - £3.60
Pitta Breads - £1.00
Total Cost - £9.91 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat over to 170°C
2. Cut halloumi into 2cm cubes, then add to a large mixing bowl.
3. Carefully cut the pepper in half from top to bottom, then trim away the stalk, seeds and any white pith (you can use teaspoon to do this), then slice into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl.
4. Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then cut into half-moon slices, roughly ½cm thick, then add to the bowl along with the tomatoes and the chopped red onion.
5. Pick the mint leaves onto a board and finely chop them, discarding the stalks. Place in a new bowl.
6. Use a microplane to finely grate the lemon zest onto a board, then add to the bowl along with the mint leaves. Coat your kebabs with this mix.
7. Thread and divide the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, pepper and courgette pieces between the metal skewers.
8. Place skewers onto the tray and cook in oven for 35-40 minutes, turning once.
9. Serve with a warm pittas and Hummus.
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: