Halloumi and Caramelised Onion Stuffed Mushroom Burgers
Salty Halloumi, sweet, soft onions and peppery rocket in between Portobello mushrooms. The perfect burger.
Make sure you leave the mushrooms in the oven for the full 40 minutes so they are shriveled and delicious.
Cooking time (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
Balsamic Vinegar - £1.00
3 Red Onions - £0.50
Rocket - £0.79
8 Portobello Mushrooms - £4.00
2 x 250g blocks of Halloumi - £3.60
Total Cost: £9.89 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat oven to 180C/356F
2. Destalk mushrooms and place in baking tray. Salt, pepper and olive oil them, and whack them in the oven for 40 minutes
3. Finely slice three red onions and fry in olive oil on a medium heat, allowing them to soften. When they have softened, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. When that has evaporated, add another splash, allow it to evaporate, and then remove onions from the heat.
4. Slice Halloumi, and grill in a griddle pan with a splash of oil, 2 minutes each side.
5. Dress a rocket salad for the mushroom burgers to be served on.
6. Assemble your burgers on the bed of rocket.
7. Serve leftover Halloumi with spoons of the caramelized onion on top.
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: