Eggs & Soldiers Mob Style
An unbeatable breakfast. And making the most of asparagus while it’s in season.
Smoked streaky bacon is the only bacon for this one
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 15 Minutes
275g Smoked Streaky Bacon - £1.04
2 x Bundles of Asparagus - £3.60
8 Eggs - £2.20
Parmesan - £2.00
1 Lemon - £0.30
Total Cost - £9.14 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
2. Wrap each asparagus spear with 1 piece of bacon. Line on a rack and place in oven for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
3. Egg time. Place 8 eggs in a pan of boiling water, for 4 minutes, so the yolks are extra runny.
4. Assembly time. Place eggs in cups. Lie asparagus on a plate. Shave parmesan over the asparagus and squeeze over some lemon juice.
5. Chop of the tops of the eggs, dunk in your dippers and enjoy.