Cumin Roast Vegetables with Feta, Mint & Pomegranate
This ones almost too easy. Chop your veg. Bash your cumin. Chuck it all in a roasting tray. Give it a roast. Take it out the oven. Add your pomegranate, feta, mint, mixed leaves and a bit more cumin, and your done. So simple. So healthy. So affordable. Give it a go, there is no reason not to.
Pomegranate seeds. Everyone always has such a problem getting the seeds out the fruit! We have a trick to get around that. Halve the pomegranate. Hold your fingers over the cut side, and, with a spoon, bash the other side. The pink jewels will pop out, and your fingers will block all the other stuff!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour 20 Minutes
2 Courgettes - £0.76
1 Aubergine - £0.60
1 Sweet Potato - £0.33
2 Parsnips - £0.54
3 Beetroots - £1.75
4 Carrots - £0.45
Feta - £1.20
1 Jar of Cumin - £0.85
1 Pomegranate - £1.00
1 Bag of Mixed salad leaves - £1.00
1 Bunch of Mint - £0.70
Total Cost – £9.18 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
2. Chop vegetables into bitesize chunks. Bash 2 - 3 tablespoons of cumin.
3. Put them into roasting tray and cover in cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Put into the oven for around 1 hour, mixing ever 15 minutes.
5. Remove vegetables from oven. Place in serving tray. Cover with crumbled feta, a dusting of cumin, chopped mint and the mixed salad leaves.
6. Chop the pomegranate in half, and bash it over the top of the dish.
7. Serve with a final drizzle of olive oil.
Shops where this is available for under £10: