Cod Wrapped in Parma Ham with AspaRAgus
Protein packed surf and turf. A real classic.
The lemon zest reason brightens the whole dish up! Make the most of your ingredients!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
New Potatoes - £1.00
250 Grams of Asparagus - £1.80
1 Bunch of Rosemary - £0.70
1 Lemon - £0.30
1 Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes - £1.00
Parma Ham - £1.00
Frozen Cod Fillets - £3.70
Total Cost – £9.55 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. DEFROST YOUR COD, a couple of hours before, and keep it in the fridge.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F
3. Halves your potatoes. Put them in a baking tray with a couple of springs of rosemary, some salt, pepper and olive oil, and put into the oven for 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, take your cod, and put into a bowl. Add the zest of one lemon, and the juice of half a lemon. Add salt, pepper and olive oil, and mix together.
5. Then, take one fillet, and put on top of a slice of parma ham. Wrap the ham around the fillet, and then repeat with the rest.
6. After 30 minutes in the oven, take out the potatoes. Add the cherry tomatoes and the asparagus. Place the parma ham wrapped cod on the top, and put the tray back in the oven for 17 minutes.
7. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice!
SHOPS WHERE THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR UNDER £10: