This recipe will change the way you look at breakfast forever.
Fry your chorizo so it is nice and crisp before adding the vegetables
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Feta - £1.20
1 Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
1 Brown Onion - £0.16
2 Peppers - £1.00
Red Chillies - £0.60
Garlic - £0.30
Chorizo - £2.50
10 Eggs - £1.50
Tinned Tomatoes - £1.90
Total Cost – £9.86 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
2. Finely chop the 1 chilly, the onion and 3 garlic cloves. Cut the peppers into strips, and break the chorizo into little nuggets.
3. Add the chorizo to a big pan. Fry until crisp. Then add the vegetables. Fry until slightly softened, for 5 or 6 minutes, and then add your tinned tomatoes. Fill up both tins with water, and pour that in to. Give it a stir and let it to bubble away. You want the sauce to be a thick consistency, so allow it reduce by around half.
4. Take the sauce off the heat and smooth out the surface. Then, make little holes in the sauce and gently drop in the eggs, so the yolks stay in tact.
5. Place the whole pan into the oven for 12 minutes.
6. Remove the pan, and add crumbled feta and parsley.
Shops where this is available for under £10: