Chorizo, Mint & Goats Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
The best sweet potatoes you’ll ever eat. All you’ve gotta do is whack ‘em in the oven, do a bit of frying, a bit of mixing, a bit of filling and then they’re done.
The Pre-Cook Pickle – When you are putting raw onions or shallots into a salad, leaving them in salt and vinegar or lemon juice for an hour before you eat takes the intense “onionyness” out of them. Bear it in mind, especially if you are eating this before a night out!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 hour 20 minutes
Crushed Chillies - £0.85
1 Bag of Rocket - £1.00
Goats Cheese - £1.50
A sprig of Mint - £0.70
2 Lemons - £0.70
5-6 Shallots - £1.00
1 Chorizo - £2.50
4 Sweet Potatoes - £1.33
Total Cost: £9.58 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
2. Drizzle sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt and a small handful of chilli flakes.
3. Bake sweet potatoes for 60 minutes until soft.
4. While potatoes are in the oven, chop chorizo into little nuggets. Fry the nuggets in some chilli flakes until they are crisp.
5. Chop 4-6 shallots finely. Put into a bowl and squeeze 2 lemons over the top. Add salt. Get your fingers involved, and crush the lemon juice and salt into the shallots. Leave them pickling until the potatoes are ready.
6. Into a big bowl, put in the chorizo, crumbled goat’s cheese, chopped mint and shallots.
7. Take sweet potatoes out the oven. Remove the inside of potatoes, keeping skins intact. Add the sweet potato into the big bowl and mix.
8. Place mixture back in skins. Top with Rocket, salt and olive oil.
Shops where this is available for under £10: