CHICKEN, Pepper & Almond TRAY BAKE
Almost too simple. Whack everything in a tray, bake it, and eat it.
Scatter on some almonds just before you finish cooking, so they toast on the top.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour
100g Flaked Almonds - £1.15
2 Sweet Potatoes - £0.66
1 Lemon - £0.35
1 Bunch Coriander - £0.70
Smoked Paprika - £0.85
Ground Cumin - £0.85
Garlic - £0.30
2 Peppers - £1.00
2 Red Onions - £0.33
Chicken Thighs - £3.00
Total Cost – £9.19 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
2. Place chicken thighs in a tray, skin side up.
3. Add chopped peppers, sweet potatoes, onions and a full bulb of garlic (leave the cloves unpeeled.
4. Add the zest of one lemon, two teaspoons of cumin, two teaspoons of smoked paprika, and a scattering of almonds.
5. Mix everything together, and put into the oven for 40 minutes.
6. Take tray out of the oven and mix everything about.
7. Place bake into oven for 10 more minutes.
8. Serve with a scattering of coriander, and your left over almonds.
Shops where this is available for under £10: