Cauliflower, Chickpea & Coconut Curry
Creamy, healthy, delicious, vegan.
Cauliflower is key here so don’t miss out on it!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 40 Minutes
600g Chickpeas - £0.54
2 Limes - £0.60
Ground Coriander - £0.85
Garam Masala - £0.85
Turmeric - £0.85
Cumin - £0.85
Red Chillies - £0.60
1 Cauliflower - £1.00
Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
Coconut Milk - £0.75
4 Tomatoes - £0.51
2 Brown Onions - £0.24
Garlic - £0.30
Ginger - £0.18
Total Cost - £8.82 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find out which shops you can buy all of the ingredients from for under £10.
1. Finely chop 2 onions and 3 cloves of garlic. Grate a big chunk of ginger. Throw into a pan and let soften for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of ground coriander seeds and 2 and a half teaspoons of garam masala. Mix it all in.
3. Break your cauliflower into little florets, and add that to the pan. Coat the cauliflower in the spices. Add a bit of water from the chickpea tin to loosen the curry.
4. Finely chop 4 tomatoes and add these to the pan. Season everything with salt and pepper, and then add 600g of chickpeas. Add a can of coconut milk, and mix everything together. Add a grated red chilli.
5. Allow the curry to putter away on a medium heat for 20 minutes, or until it is nicely thickened.
6. Add a large handful of chopped coriander at the end, and squeeze over the juice of a lime. Enjoy!