The summer salad of your dreams.
Cooking your bacon lardons from low to high heat ensures ultimate crispness.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 45 minutes
- Ciabatta - £1.20
- Garlic - £0.30
- Cucumber - £0.50
- Plum Tomatoes - £1.00
- Bacon Lardons - £1.75
- 2 Avocados - £1.70
- Anchovies - £0.90
- Dijon Mustard - £0.55
- 4 Little Gem Lettuce - £2.00
- Total - £9.90
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut up your ciabatta into crouton sized pieces. Place in an oven dish and douse in olive oil. Grate 3 cloves of garlic over the bread. Salt generously. Mix and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Peel and deseed your cucumber. Chop it, your lettuce, the avocados and the cherry tomatoes up.
- Pan fry your bacon lardons, starting on a low heat and gradually bringing it up to high. Remove when crispy. Save the bacon fat and pour over the croutons.
- Dressing time. Pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of a lemon, a tablespoon of dijon mustard, a sprinkling of salt, a grinding of pepper and 5 chopped anchovies into a jar. Put on the lid and shake well.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!