The most delicious carbonara remix
Fry Chorizo until it is nice and crispy
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 25 Minutes
- Chorizo - £2.00
- 500g Spaghetti - £0.48
- Garlic - £0.30
- Bunch of Rosemary - £0.70
- 6 Eggs - £0.89
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- 100g Grated Parmesan - £2.00
- Total cost: £6.67
- Peel skin off chorizo, crumble into a frying pan and fry until crisp. Add a crushed garlic clove and a handful of rosemary leaves to the pan.
- In a bowl, add 6 egg yolks and 100g of grated parmesan, with a generous amount of black pepper. Mix with a fork and set to the side.
- Get your pasta on. Cook according to pack instructions and salt the water. Reserve 8 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Add 3 tablespoons of pasta water to the chorizo pan, bubble it down.
- Once pasta is al dente add to chorizo pan. Take the pan off the heat. Fold chorizo through the pasta.
- Add egg mixture and 3 more tablespoons of pasta water. Keep folding it together and adding pasta water until it becomes thick and creamy. Add about 12 drops of lemon juice. This lifts the dish perfectly.
- Serve with lots of cracked black pepper on top! Enjoy.