The creamiest vegan risotto.
Add a splash of white wine in with the garlic if you've got some lying about.
Cooking Times (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
- 2 Boxes of Baby Mushrooms - £1.80
- Frozen Petit Pois - £1.60
- 500g Arborio Rice - £1.25
- 100g Miso Paste - £1.69
- Parsley - £0.70
- 3 Cloves of Garlic - £0.30
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- Total cost - £7.50 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Dice up your onion and garlic cloves. Slice one packet of mushrooms and dice the other.
- Heat a pan with a glug of olive oil. Put in your onions, cooking until they are slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in your risotto rice. Mix for a minute, so that the rice becomes slightly see through.
- Wine time! Pour in the whole 187ml bottle of white wine.
- Mix while it slowly evaporates.
- Boil your kettle, mix miso and boiling water.
- Ladle in the mixture, mix the risotto and then wait until the risotto dries up.
- Once it has dried up, add another ladle. Repeat until the rice is al dente.
- Pour some boiling water over your frozen petit pois. Drain and then add to the risotto when it tastes al dente.
- Cook further, tasting to see if the risotto is done. Keep ladling in the miso soup if need be.
- When the rice is cooked but still has a tiny bite to it, take the pan off the heat.
- Pour some olive oil on top and garnish with some parsley leaves for a fresh kick.