The Vegan brunch to end all vegan brunches.
Make sure you fry the burritos until they are nice and crisp.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 40 Minutes
- 400g Brown Rice - £0.70
- 400g Kidney Beans - £0.50
- 1 Red Onion - £0.16
- 6 Tomatoes - £1.04
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 1 Lime - £0.35
- Turmeric - £0.85
- 2 x 240g Smoked Tofoo - £4.50
- 1 Clove of Garlic - £0.30
- 4 Wholemeal Tortillas - £0.50
- Total Cost - £9.60
- Add 400g brown rice to a pan of boiling water. Season water with salt.
- Tofu time. In to a hot frying pan crumble 2 240g packs of Smoked Tofoo. You want it to resemble scrambled eggs. Stir the tofu around. Once it starts catching on the pan, add a crushed clove of garlic, half a teaspoon of turmeric and a good grinding of salt and pepper. Drizzle over some olive oil and cook until the tofu starts to brown. Remove from heat.
- Add kidney beans to your rice, cook for 5 minutes.
- Tomato salsa time. Finely dice 6 tomatoes and an onion. Add to a bowl with a bunch of chopped coriander, the juice of a lime, salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir everything together.
- Once the rice is cooked remove pan from the heat. Drain, and then mash up the rice and beans. Not to a paste, just until they are bashed up a bit. Season with salt.
- Burrito time. Lay our a tortilla wrap. Fill the centre with your rice mix, tofu and salsa. Wrap it up, and then place in a frying pan with a little oil. Cook until brown and crisp on each side, and remove from the heat. Serve with some hot sauce and tuck in!