The perfect summer salad. The crunch from the nuts makes it.
Make sure you leave the peach on the griddle pan face side down so it chars.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- 3 Peaches - £0.79
- 1 Block of Halloumi - £2.00
- 100g Hazlenuts - £1.53
- Lemon - £0.30
- Bunch of Thyme - £0.85
- 100g Flaked Almond - £1.00
- 3 Sticks of Celery - £0.52
- 2 Green Apples - £0.70
- Lettuce - £0.85
- Honey - £0.83
- Dijon Mustard - £0.55
- Total Cost - £9.92 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Cut and pit your peaches whilst you heat up a griddle pan.
- Add your peaches and cook until nice and charred. Remove.
- Add sliced halloumi, cook until charred.
- Crush your hazelnuts and add these, with the flaked almonds, to a pan and lightly toast. Add two teaspoons of honey to the nuts along with a generous handful of thyme. Cook for a minute more.
- Finely chop your celery and your green apples.
- Make your dressing: mix a cup of olive oil, two teaspoons of Dijon, a pinch of salt, the juice of half a lemon, and a good grinding of pepper.
- Chop up your lettuce, assemble all the ingredients and pour over your dressing. Mix and enjoy!