A great vegan dish. Perfect for meal prep. The sauce is everything.
If you aren’t having it on the go, serve it with a bowl of the sauce for dipping.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 1 Hour
- 350g Almond Collaborative Yogurt - £2.50
- 500g Sushi Rice - £1.30
- Tahini - £1.00
- Nori Seaweed Wraps - £1.20
- 3 Peppers (Not Green) - £0.90
- 2 Carrots - £0.11
- 4 Beetroots - £0.80
- Knob of Ginger - £0.15
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- Soy Sauce - £0.60
- 1 Cucumber - £0.40
- 1 Lime - £0.30
- Total cost - £9.96 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F. Chop peppers into pieces. Add to roasting tray. Drizzle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast in oven for 45 minutes until soft and charred.
- Get your sushi rice on (follow pack instructions).
- Sauce time. Add 350g Almond Collaborative Yogurt to a bowl. Add 3 heaped teaspoons of tahini and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Squeeze in the juice of half a lime. Mix everything together.
- Grate your carrots and beetroots, and chop your cucumber into matchsticks. Add each vegetable to a separate bowl. Add a grated knob of ginger, and small handful of chopped coriander, salt, pepper and olive oil to each bowl. Add the juice of half a lime to the bowls, and then mix each vegetable up.
- Serving time. Lay out a piece of nori. Cover with your rice. Then, in lines, add your cucumber, carrot, beetroot and then roasted peppers. Add a thick dollop of the sauce, and wrap it up. Eat straight away, or wrap in tin foil and keep in the fridge for meal prep.