Such an easy one. Don't know why peri peri and pasta isn't a bigger thing. It works a treat.
Remember to add some pasta water at the end to get a rich, creamy sauce (without adding any cream!)
Cooking time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour
- 2 Peppers - £0.50
- Bag of Sweet Peppers - £1.11
- Red Chillies - £0.60
- Red Wine Vinegar - £0.80
- Oregano - £0.85
- 1 Red Onion - £0.16
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- Garlic - £0.30
- 4 Chicken Breasts - £3.00
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- Smoked Paprika - £0.85
- 500g Tagliatelle - £0.50
- Total Cost - £9.67
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Add two chopped red peppers, a quartered red onion and a halved lemon (cut side down) to a tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- Add roast vegetables to a blender with the pulp of the roast lemon, a tablespoon and a half of red wine vinegar, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 red chilli, a heaped teaspoon of oregano, a heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika, salt, pepper, olive oil. Blitz until smooth.
- Dice up your chicken and slice up your sweet peppers. Add to a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on a low heat. Once the chicken is white, add a heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika. Stir it in.
- Get your pasta on (follow pack instructions).
- Pour in your peri peri sauce. Add a large handful of chopped coriander. Stir it in.
- Drain pasta, reserve some of the water. Add to the peri peri pan. Stir everything together. Serve in bowls while hot. If you have some cheddar, grate that on top!