An absolutely worldy of a bake. And veggie too. The dream.
Keep that taleggio under the grill under it is lovely and golden.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
150g Spinach - £1.00
Garlic - £0.30
1 Lemon - £0.35
Elmlea Single Cream Alternative - £0.90
Taleggio - £2.25
Crushed Chillies - £0.85
Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
Bunch of Thyme - £0.70
200g Mixed Pack of Mushrooms £1.31
250g Chestnut Mushrooms - £0.79
500g Gnocchi - £0.75
- Total Cost – £9.90 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Slice up your mushrooms. Add them to a frying pan with a splash of olive oil. Cook until browned and shrivelled.
- Add a crushed clove of garlic, a handful of thyme leaves, a teaspoon of chilli flakes, a handful of chopped parsley and the zest of a lemon. Mix everything in, and then add 4 tablespoons of Elmlea Single Cream Alternative. Allow it to bubble down, and then add your spinach. Leave it to wilt.
- Add 500g gnocchi to a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Back to your sauce. Once the spinach has wilted, add the juice of half a lemon.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water from the gnocchi bowl to the sauce, then drain the gnocchi and add that as well.
- Mix everything together, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the gnocchi in to an oven proof dish. Top with slices of taleggio, sprinkle on some chilli flakes, and place under the grill for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Spoon out the gnocchi, top with some more chopped parsley and tuck in.