A really nice switch up to the classic.
Make sure you only sear the steaks each side to make sure they are nice and pink in the middles.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 45 Minutes
- Bag of Rocket - £0.82
- 4 Pitta Breads - £0.55
- Kalamata Olives - £1.29
- Jar of Sundried Tomatoes - £1.50
- Cottage Cheese - £0.64
- Cherry Tomatoes - £0.51
- 2 Minute Steaks - £3.10
- 2 Pots of Sacla’ Pesto - £1.49
- Total Cost – £9.90 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Make sure your steaks are at room temperature. Add them to a dish. Dollop 2 heaped teaspoons of Sacla’ Pesto over the top. Season with pepper. Mix then pesto in to the steaks with your fingers. Cover the dish with cling film and leave to marinate for 15 minutes (at room temperature).
- Get on with your cottage cheese filling. In to a bowl add 6 tablespoons of cottage cheese, 3 heaped tablespoons of sliced Kalamata olives, and 7 chopped sundried tomatoes. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, season with pepper and mix everything together. Cover and set aside.
- Back to the steaks. Heat a griddle pan. Add your steaks to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side. You want the steaks to be nice at pink in the middle.
- Remove the steaks from the heat, and let them chill on a board for 3 minutes.
- Slice the steaks in to strips.
- Make a quick salad by throwing some rocket and quartered cherry tomatoes in to a bowl, with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Warm your pittas.
- Cut the pittas open. Load them up with your cottage cheese mix, then the steak, then the salad, then a bit more cottage cheese mix and some dollops of Sacla’ pesto. Take an enormous bite and enjoy!