The quickest, healthiest way to go vegan for the MOB.
Cooking Time (includes preparation): 45 minutes
- 1 Cauliflower - £0.85
- 400g Chickpeas - £0.40
- 2 Aubergines - £1.00
- 1 Onion - £0.21
- Tahini - £1.75
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- Ground Coriander - £0.85
- Cumin - £0.85
- Harrisa - £1.35
- Total Cost - £8.31 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven 180C/356F
- Slice the cauliflower into eighths and place in a baking tray. Sprinkle salt, pepper, a teaspoon of ground coriander, a teaspoon of cumin over the top. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Dice your aubergine and fry in the pan until it turns a brown.
- Dice an onion and add it to the pan with a splash of olive oil. Mix them together. Chop up some parsley stalks and add this to the pan and mix well.
- Open a can of chickpeas, pour into the pan, add 4 teaspoons of harissa and continue to mix all the ingredients together adding salt and pepper. When the chickpeas are soft, add a handful of parsley leaves, and take off the heat.
- Add 4 tablespoons of tahini into a bowl and squeeze a lemon into the bowl.
- Mix until it thickens and then add half a cup of water and continue to mix until it thins out fully.
- Serve the roasted cauliflower on a bed of the chickpea and aubergine mix and dress with your lovely tahini dressing.