The easiest tomato pasta, perfect for long summer evenings.
There are very few ingredients in this, so buy the good stuff. Good cherry tomatoes will make all the difference.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 20 Minutes
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- Garlic - £0.30
- Chilli Flakes - £0.85
- 2 Balls of Mozzarella - £2.00
- Bunch of Chives - £0.70
- 500g Trotolle (or any other small shell like pasta) - £2.00
- 240g Cherry Tomatoes - £2.15
- 4 Vine Tomatoes - £0.70
- Total Cost - £9.40 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Add a large splash of olive oil to your pan. Add your cherry tomatoes. Stir them around. As they start to soften, add 4 roughly chopped vine tomatoes. Stir together and cook on medium, allowing them to breakdown.
- Add a clove of crushed garlic. Mix it through the sauce.
- Get your pasta on. Make sure you salt the boiling water.
- Back to the tomato sauce. Crush the cherry tomatoes with a spoon. Add a handful of chopped chives, a handful of chopped basil and a teaspoon of crushed chillies. Stir everything together.
- Add 3 ladles of pasta water to the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta. Add it to the sauce. Fold it through.
- Serve the pasta in 4 bowls. Tear half a ball of mozzarella on top of each bowl. Garnish with chopped herbs, add a drizzle of olive oil and tuck in!