A beautiful fresh summer dish. It also takes about 12 minutes to make. Easy.
Add a squeeze of fresh lemon on to each dish at the end.
- 200g Petit Pois - £1.09
- 100g Parmesan - £2.00
- 500g Orzo - £1.20
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- 200g Spinach - £0.95
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- Bunch of Mint - £0.70
- Garlic - £0.30
- 40g Pine Nuts - £2.25
- Total Cost - £9.54
- Add orzo to a pan of boiling water.
- Toast your pine nuts.
- In to a blender, add a handful of fresh mint, a handful of fresh basil, 20g toasted pine nuts, 1 clove of garlic, the zest and juice of a lemon (save a bit of juice to squeeze over dish at the end), 70g Spinach, 80g parmesan, salt, pepper and olive oil. Blitz until smooth.
- Add petit pois to pasta water just before pasta is ready. Cook for 30 seconds, then drain pasta and peas.
- Add pasta and peas to a wide pan. Pour over your spinach pesto. Mix everything together. Add your remaining spinach leaves. Mix them in until they wilt.
- Serve the orzo with some parmesan and pine nuts scattered on top. Squeeze on a bit more lemon juice and tuck in!