Changing the wrap game forever.
Remember to warm those wraps through before serving.
- 8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs - £2.25
- Iceberg Lettuce - £0.30
- Garlic - £0.30
- 8 Naan Breads - £1.00
- Bunch of Mint - £0.70
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 1 Lime - £0.35
- 500g Yogurt - £0.75
- Ground Coriander - £0.85
- Ground Ginger - £0.85
- Cumin - £0.85
- Cayenne Pepper - £0.85
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.10
- Total Cost - £9.85 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Dice up your thighs. Add to a bowl with a teaspoon and a half of ground ginger, a teaspoon and a half of ground coriander, a heaped teaspoon of cumin and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Add a crushed garlic clove, 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of olive oil and mix everything together. Cover and leave to marinade for 40 minutes.
- Raita time. In to a blender add a handful of coriander, a handful of mint, 300g yogurt, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add the zest and juice of a lime and blitz until smooth.
- Place 8 wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak.
- Roughly cut your onion in to chunks.
- Skewering time. Take a skewer. Add a piece of onion, then some chicken, then more onion, then more chicken, and end with a piece of onion. Use up all the chicken and onions, and then place your skewers on a baking tray and place under the grill for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Warm your naans.
- Once the chicken is charred and cooked through, remove from the oven.
- Chop up some iceberg lettuce.
- Serving time. On to a naan, add your chicken (removing the wooden skewer), some lettuce and a big dollop of raita. Wrap up the naan and tuck in!