A quick and simple vegan dinner.
Make your own pesto – sack off the shop bought stuff.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 25 Minutes
- Jar of Sundried Tomatoes - £1.29
- 50g Pine Nuts - £2.00
- 350g Coconut Collaborative Coconut Yogurt - £3.35
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- Bunch of Mint - £0.70
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- 1 Large Aubergine - £0.70
- 500g Linguine - £0.56
- 1 Clove of Garlic - £0.30
- Total Cost – £9.90 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
Cut aubergine into cubes. Add to a frying pan. Stir until browned and toasted. Remove from pan and set aside.
Toast 50g pine nuts in a pan.
Get on with your pesto. Into a blender, add a handful of both mint and basil, the zest of half a lemon, a clove of garlic and 40g toasted pine nuts (save the rest for scattering over at end). Add 3 tablespoons and blitz.
Add pesto to a bowl, and then fold in your Coconut Collaborative Coconut Yogurt.
Get your linguine on (cook according to packet instructions).
Add your aubergine and 150g chopped sundried tomatoes to a wide frying pan. Mix them together over a low heat. Then add your cooked linguine and the coconut pesto. Fold everything together.
Serve the pasta in 4 bowls. Scatter leftover pine nuts and mint leaves on top, and enjoy!