Done in about 15 minutes – the simplest simple supper.
Bashed up peanuts add the perfect crunch.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 5 Minutes
- 500g Chicken Breast - £3.00
- Bunch of Spring Onions - £0.55
- 400ml Coconut Milk - £0.95
- Fish Sauce - £1.50
- 400g Egg Noodles - £1.13
- Smooth Peanut Butter - £0.70
- Soy Sauce - £0.65
- Salted Peanuts - £0.60
- Total Cost – £9.08- This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Add chicken breasts to a pan of boiling water. Boil for 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from water and shred it up.
- Add noodles to chicken water and cook for 3 minutes. Then drain.
- Get a wok on. Add your coconut milk, a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter, a tablespoon of fish sauce and 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix everything together and bubble on a high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add your chicken. Mix it in, and then add your noodles. Stir everything together.
- Add a handful of chopped spring onions. Stir them in.
- Serve up the noodles in to 4 bowls. Add some bashed up peanuts. Tuck in.