A bite of the tahini dressed chargrilled broccoli is like dying and going to heaven.
Bashed up peanuts add the perfect crunch.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- 220g Tenderstem Broccoli - £1.80
- 500g Brown Rice - £0.50
- 250g Mango Chunks - £1.00
- Pickled Ginger - £0.80
- Salted Peanuts - £0.51
- Sesame Seeds - £0.85
- Tahini - £2.29
- Lemon - £0.30
- Sesame Oil - £1.80
- Total Cost – £9.85- This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Chop broccoli in to bitesize pieces. Cook in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain.
- Get your rice on (follow pack instructions).
- Heat a griddle pan. Add broccoli to the pan. Cook until charred. Remove and set aside.
- Dressing time. In to a bowl add 3 tablespoons of tahini, a teaspoon of sesame oil and the juice of a lemon. Add water and mix until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add broccoli to the dressing and toss it around.
- Once rice is ready, drain, and then add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil to it. Toss it in.
- Serving time. Fill the bottom of 4 bowls with your rice. Add broccoli to 1/3 of the top. Then add a handful of chopped mango to each bowl. Finish with a handful of pickled ginger in each bowl.
- Bash up some peanuts and scatter them on top, along with some sesame seeds. Dig your fork in and enjoy!