The perfect quick brunch. Very pestoey. Very wholesome.
Dollop on some extra Sacla’ pesto at the end for that extra hit of pestoey goodness.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- 1 Sweet Potato - £0.35
- 12 New Potatoes - £0.99
- 8 Eggs - £2.25
- 1 Jar of Sacla’ Classic Basil Pesto - £2.50
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Total Cost – £7.30 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Slice new potatoes and sweet potato into discs.
- Get some water on the heat. Once bubbling, add potatoes. Parboil for 4 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a wide frying pan. Add 1 finely chopped onion. Fry until soft. Then add potatoes. Fry until they start to brown. Then add 4 heaped teaspoons of Sacla’ pesto. Stir it in. Add a large handful of chopped parsley and the juice of a lemon. Stir it in, then season with pepper.
- Make 8 little dips in the potatoes. Add the eggs to the holes. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid for 8-10 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Add some chopped parsley to the top of the eggs, serve it up and tuck in!