Great summer salad.
Make sure you don’t burn your nuts when you toast them. Use olive oil when cooking your halloumi.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 45 Minutes
- 200g Fennel - £1.30
- Flaked Almonds - £1.30
- Walnuts - £1.30
- Balsamic Glaze - £1.50
- 3 Oranges - £0.90
- Halloumi - £2.00
- Mint - £0.75
- 2 Bag of Mixed Leaves - £0.80
- Total Cost – £9.85 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
1. Toast your nuts on a low heat and place to one side.
2. Slice up your fennel and grill evenly on both sides.
3. In a separate pan pour in your balsamic glaze, squeeze in some fresh orange and grate some orange zest. Mix on a low heat.
4. Slice up your halloumi and grill evenly on both sides using olive oil to prevent the cheese sticking to the grill.
5. Remove the skin on your remaining oranges and slice.
6. Add your mixed leaves, toasted nuts, some mint, your sliced orange and some of your glaze into a bowl. Toss away.
7. Add your fennel and halloumi and some more of your glaze. Toss again.
8. Serve and dress with olive oil and more glaze if you choose to do so.
9. Munch away!