So fresh, so quick. Boiling the chicken means its pretty damnnnnnn healthy too.
Great with some seeds scattered on top if you’ve got them lying around.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- 400g Chicken Breast - £3.30
- 2 Carrots - £0.12
- 1 Cucumber - £0.50
- Soy Sauce - £0.83
- Sesame Oil - £1.10
- Coriander - £0.70
- Knob of Ginger - £0.35
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Hearts - £1.00
- 1 Lime - £0.35
- Mint - £0.70
- 300g Vermicelli Rice Noodles - £1.00
- Total Cost – £9.95 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Add your chicken breasts to a pan of boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, halve and de-seed your cucumber, and chop into matchsticks. Peel your carrots and chop into matchsticks too. Finely chop your lettuce.
- Once the chicken is ready, remove from the pan and shred it up.
- Get your noodles on (simply add to a bowl and cover with boiling water for 3 minutes).
- Dressing time. Into a jar, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice of a lime and a teaspoon and a half of sesame oil. Add pepper and mix everything together.
- Add all the elements to a large salad bowl. Tear in some coriander and mint. Pour over the dressing. Mix everything together and serve it up. Enjoy!