A bang for either lunch or dinner. The manchego, chimichurri, steak combo works a charm.
Follow our steak instructions to the letter! This way, you can buy nice cheap steak cuts but they will be perfectly tender!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 35 Minutes
- 120g Manchego - £1.85
- 2 Steaks (skirt, flat iron, charcoal) - £3.17
- 4 Sub Rolls - £1.40
- Red Wine Vinegar - £0.80
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 2 Shallots - £1.00
- Garlic - £0.30
- Total Cost - £9.92 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Place steaks on to a board. Cover with cling film. Bash with rolling pin until about 1.5cm thick. Add to bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Cover, and leave to marinade. Leaves steaks OUT OF THE FRIDGE so they will be at room temperature when you cook them.
- Chimichurri time. Into a bowl, add a large handful of finely chopped parsley, a large handful of finely chopped coriander, 2 finely chopped shallots, 1 crushed garlic clove, 5 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix together.
- Heat a griddle pan. Once it is hot, add steaks to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks from heat and lay them on a board. Leave to rest for 5 minutes (will make them more tender). Then slice them up.
- Open up a sub. Layer on some chimichurri. Then some steak slices. Then add some manchego shavings, top with some more chimichurri, pick it up and tuck in!