So cheap, so easy, so veggie. The fennel and the artichoke work together beautifully.
Go heavy on that lemon zest to bring the kick.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 35 Minutes
- 1 Fennel - £1.20
- 285g Artichoke Hearts -£1.75
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- 500g Tagliatelle - £0.56
- 1 Courgette - £0.40
- Mascarpone - £1.30
- Garlic - £0.30
- Total Cost - £6.16 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Cut your fennel into thin slices. Add to a pan with a splash of olive oil and cook over a low-medium heat until very soft and tender. This will take about 12-15 minutes.
- At this point, add 1 grated courgette. Stir it around, and once it is beginning to brown add your artichokes and 2 sliced cloves of garlic. Mix them around, and then after about 30 seconds add a heaped tablespoon of mascarpone. Stir it in.
- Get your pasta cooking. Add 7-8 ladles of the starchy pasta water to the sauce and beat it in.
- Into the sauce, add the juice and zest of a lemon. Grate in a healthy amount of pepper, add some salt and mix everything in.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the sauce. Fold everything in, and then serve it up. Garnish with fennel fronds and tuck in!