Sounds complicated but it couldn’t be easier. An absolute showstopper, and all for a measly £8.90.
You can now get your ingredients delivered in 60 minutes to most postcodes in London zones 1 & 2 by using the Chop Chop app. Download here: http://m.onelink.me/3369cafd
Make sure the butter is nice and brown before adding the rosemary.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 35 Minutes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 250g Plain Flour
- Large knob of Unsalted Butter
- Bunch of Rosemary
- 200g Ricotta Cheese
- 80g Parmesan
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 100g Spinach
- Total Cost - £8.90 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Place two sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake until soft.
- Spoon out the flesh of sweet potato and add to a bowl with a heaped tablespoon of ricotta, 40g grated parmesan and a small handful of chopped rosemary. Add a pinch of salt and mash together.
- Then add 250g plain flour to the mix, bit by bit. Mix it in, and then pick up the dough with your hands and form into a lump. Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a floured surface.
- Cut the dough into quarters. Take a quarter and roll it out into a long sausage. Cut up the sausage into little gnocchis at regular intervals.
- Once you have cut up all the gnocchis, get a pan of water on the heat. Once the water starts boiling, add your gnocchi. After 3-4 minutes, it should float to the top. Cook for a further 30 seconds and then remove the gnocchi from the water, drain and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Sauce time. Add 3 tablespoons of butter to a frying pan. Cook until it dissolves, and when it starts browning add a tablespoon of rosemary leaves and 1 crushed clove of garlic. Fry for 30 seconds, and then add 100g Spinach. Once it has wilted, pour in your gnocchi. Coat the gnocchi in the butter, season with salt and pepper and then remove the pan from the heat.
- To serve, spoon the gnocchi on to a bowl. Grate on some more parmesan and dollop on some more ricotta cheese. Tuck in and enjoy!