An absolute worldy of a dish.
Add a few spoonfuls of the starchy pasta water to the sauce to make it extra silky.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour
- 770g Butternut Squash - £3.18
- 1 Sweet Potato - £0.35
- 2 Cloves of Garlic - £0.30
- 8 Waitrose Good Health Shallots - £1.35
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube - £0.49
- 500g Waitrose Good Health Wholewheat Tagliatelle - £1.70
- 7 Sage Leaves - £0.70
- Total Cost – £8.07 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F. Cube your sweet potato and add to a tray along with the squash slices. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Finely chop your shallots and garlic. Add to a frying pan with a splash of olive oil and 7 sage leaves. Cook on a low heat and allow to soften.
- Once the squash is soft, remove from oven. Place half of the squash and sweet potato in a blender with 300ml water and a stock cube. Blitz until very smooth.
- Add the puree to the shallots. Stir it in, and then add your remaining squash and sweet potato.
- Get your pasta on. Add 4-5 tablespoons of the starchy pasta water to the sauce and mix it in.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce and fold it all together. Season well with salt and pepper and tuck in!