Crunchy burgers. Cooling coconut yogurt sauce. Creamy avocado. It’s a winner.
Whack the burger under the grill at the end if you need it to crisp up any more.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- Paprika - £0.85
- Cumin - £0.85
- 1 Red Onion - £0.21
- 2 Avocados - £1.89
- 4 Baps - £0.65
- 2 x 120g Pots of Coconut Collaborative Yogurt - £2.50
- Bunch of Spring Onions - £0.55
- Breadcrumbs - £0.80
- 800g Kidney Beans - £0.60
- 1 Lime - £0.30
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- Total Cost – £9.95 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Drain two tins of kidney beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of the water from the tin. Add the bean water and the beans to a bowl, along with a finely chopped red onion, a teaspoon and a half of both cumin and paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, a tablespoon of coriander stalks and then mash everything together.
- Form your mash into a lump, divide into 4 and mould into patties. Add to a piece of baking paper on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in oven for 25 minutes, turning after 17 minutes to ensure equal browning.
- Cooling yog sauce time. Add your yogurt to a bowl with 3 chopped spring onions, the zest and juice of a lime and a handful of chopped coriander. Mix everything together.
- Slice up your avocados and toast your buns.
- Assembly time. Dollop on some coconut yogurt sauce. Then add your burger. Top with avocado, more yoghurt and then the bun. Take a huge bite and enjoy.