The richest chilli. All vegan. So buff.
Make sure you fold the coriander in right at the end so it keeps fresh.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic - £0.30
- 1 Red Onion - £0.21
- 2 Peppers (Not Green) - £1.10
- Cumin - £0.85
- Paprika - £0.85
- 250g Chestnut Mushrooms - £1.00
- 2 x 400g Tinned Tomatoes - £0.60
- 250g Tofu - £2.00
- Block of Vegan Dark Chocolate - £1.00
- Coriander - £0.70
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- Rice - £0.45
- Kidney Beans - £0.30
- Total Cost – £9.66 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Finely chop garlic, onion and peppers. Add to a pan with a splash of olive oil. Fry for 5 minutes, and then add a teaspoon and a half of both cumin and paprika. Mix in, and then add a handful of chopped coriander stalks.
- Add some water to stop the vegetables catching on the pan. Cook until they have softened, and then add 250g of halved chestnut mushrooms. Stir them in, and then pour in your tomatoes. Mix everything together, and then add 250g cubed tofu.
- Stir it in, add 300ml water, and then your kidney beans (with the water from the tin).
- Get your rice on – follow pack instructions.
- Mix everything together, and then bubble away on a medium-high heat, no lid, for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, the chilli should be nice and thick. Add 5 cubes of dark chocolate and allow them to melt. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, season with salt and pepper and then add a handful of chopped coriander. Stir it in, and remove from the heat.
- Serve the chilli on the rice and enjoy!